After attending your Microblading session, freshly feathered eyebrows take 7 – 10 days to heal. It is normal for slight patchiness during this healing process.
Full strokes may not be entirely visible, as it takes approximately 4 weeks for pigment to resurface. During the healing process, the colour will drop by 40% and the thickness by 15% when fully healed.
Post treatment contributes to 70% of the treatments success. To achieve the best results follow the below,
30 minutes After Treatment
- Gently dab freshly tattooed with a damp cotton pad to remove all the lymph and previously applied cream.
- Apply using a very thin layer of Skin Candy with a clean q-tip, avoid using your fingers.
Rest of the day of treatment
- Repeat the above process 3-5 times a day to keep the wound clean and avoid scab formation.
- Cleaning with water is only necessary on the first day of treatment.
Following 7 days
- Avoid wetting your eyebrows in the shower and when washing your face.
- Apply a very thin layer of Skin Candy with a clean q-tip, avoid using your fingers.
- Repeat the above process 3-5 times a day tokeep the wound clean and avoid scab formation.
In the next 30 days
- Avoid sunbathing, solarium, light therapies, chemical peelings, fruit acids, microdermabrasion, and creams that contain regeneration factors.
- Always avoid laser treatments over the treated area because they can destroy the pigment and cause burns.
- Use of antibiotics and hormonal therapy can lead to faster pigment fading,
Things to avoid during healing
During the healing process for the first 7 days, it is important to,
- Do not pick, scratch or peel the healing area
- Do not apply any make-up or products on eyebrows
- Avoid sleeping on the face
- Avoid direct sun exposure
- Avoid working out to prevent sweating
- Avoid water on eyebrows during shower for at least 7days or until healed
- Avoid facial massage, facial steaming, and sauna