Doncaster & Glen Waverley
What is Lip Tattooing?
Many of us lack lip definition and symmetry and with age our lips can become paler and thinner, causing many of us to spend hours perfecting our lipstick application, which then needs to be re-applied throughout the day. Perfectly symmetrical fuller lips can be created with Lip cosmetic tattooing, using two different techniques: lip liner and blending for a more natural look or a full lip colour which will give you a more dramatic result. Depending on your desired look, you can choose from soft, subtle natural colours to stronger deeper shades, the choice is yours.
At O’Some we use organic pigments and modern, digital tools to create a more realistic look to your lips, we accomplish this by using a combination of techniques to insert the pigment, which include shading, lining, and pixilating. Colours are chosen based on your desired results and skin tone, but our overall aim is to give lips life and a natural tint without being too dramatic.
DARK LIP CORRECTION:
Lips are unique to each person and come in all sizes, shapes, and colours, meaning those of you that have melanin rich skin will also commonly have lips that appear darker, over exposure to the sun and even injury can increase the level of melanin produced.
Dark lip colour correction was created for the natural looking and long-lasting colour improvement for discoloured, dark lips or lips with intense dark spots, known as natural hyperpigmentation, or smoker’s lips.
Having active or over-active melanocytes in your skin, as all darker skinned people do, creates obstacles for cosmetic skin care treatments, because skin trauma can trigger these cells to become overactive, sometimes leaving unsightly dark spots or blotches. Correcting lips which are evenly or unevenly dark requires a high level of training, and extensive experience. Nilima, our cosmetic tattooist has spent numerous years working with clients of different ethnicities to be able to select the perfect pigment shade to even out discolouration and create the right contour for your lips and face shape.
Lip Blush/Aquarelle Lips:
Lip Blushing is also referred as Aquarelle Lips is a Semi-permanent tattoo that enhances the lips tint (with different shades of pigments) and shape, giving natural results of fuller lips.
Dark Lip Colour Correction
Dark Lip Colour Correction or Lip Neutralization is for natural looking and long-lasting colour improvement for discoloured, dark lips or lips with intense dark spots, known as natural hyperpigmentation, or smoker’s lips.
It enhances the natural shape and change the dark colour of your lips to the lighter tone as naturally as it is possible for your skin, giving them needed boost and more of the light, peachy or pinky tone on your lips which will stay for long time- approximately 1 to 2 years.
Touch ups start from
It is best to speak to your consultant to identify the frequency of touch ups needed.
Semi-permanent tattoo that enhances the lips tint and shape, giving natural results of fuller lips.
Lip Tattooing in Melbourne
Lip Tattoo – pre and post treatment care
Prior to Cosmetic Lip Tattoo treatment
The below requirements need to be followed to ensure a successful Cosmetic Lip Tattoo procedure:
- Do not work out the day of the procedure as your body heat will expand the pores.
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, vitamin E or IBUPROFENS, omega 3, fish oil 2 days prior to the procedure (Paracetamol is fine).
- Do not drink alcohol or caffeine 24 hours prior to the procedure.
- If you have a history of: Herpes, Cold sores, please consult your GP, a prescription of Famciclovir 500mg will be needed prior to the procedure.
- To achieve the best result, please use a lip scrub to remove all the dead skin on the lip area 7 days before your lip tattoo (especially for people who have dry lips), making sure you keep your lips moisture with Vaseline the night before your treatment
Aftercare for Cosmetic Lip Tattooing
- For at least the first 3 days post treatment refrain from consuming anything spicy, citrus based or hot, this can irritate the lips increasing the chances of them becoming inflamed and sore. If consuming hot food use cutlery to keep the lips clean.
- Due to the nature of the treatment and the sensitivity of the lips, there may be some swelling and discomfort, a cold compress can be applied to relieve these symptoms.
- Make sure you keep the lips nice and moisturised, Bepanthan Cream or non-petroleum-based balms are recommended.
- DO NOT apply makeup for the first two weeks.
- Clean lips 2-3 times a day with a clean, damn cotton wool pad, use dabbing motions to clean the skin rather than rubbing your lips.
- If you need to touch your lips, make sure that your hands are cleaned beforehand to reduce possibility of infections.
- If you do have a history of cold sores continue to use the medication prescribed by your doctor prior to treatment to reduce the chance of a breakout during healing.
What can affect Cosmetic Lip Tattoo results?
- Exposure to sun– like regular tattoos the pigment used will fade when it is exposed to increased levels of sunlight.
- Depth of colour– the lighter more natural pigment colours will fade quicker because the intensity of the colour is lower.
- Not following aftercare instructions– your therapist will provide you with strict instructions to help your cosmetic lip tattoo heal and last, if you choose to ignore those you run the risk of affecting the results, how long they last and even cause them to not heal.
- Beauty treatments– unfortunately just like regular tattoos, cosmetic tattoos are affected by beauty treatments as well as some of the ingredients, such as microdermabrasion, chemical peel, acid treatments and AHA, due to the abrasive natural of the treatment.
- Skin type– just like make, the type of skin you have affects the results of cosmetic lip tattooing, dry skin tends to retain the pigment for longer compared to oily skin, this is due to the skin producing more oil on a daily basis.